Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For some reason I can't post pictures right now but I will do the slide shows until then. Our trip was awesome except the flight out and not seeing everybody I wanted to. On our flight out our connection from CHicago O'Hare to SLC was cancelled so they rerouted us through Denver then onto SLC. They told us that all of the Travelocity flights were cancelled on that flight.

We missed our connection at O'Hare by 5 minutes because of technical problems on the plane. They rebooked us twice. THe first one was cancelled then the other, with stand by tickets, we were let on. Ella fell asleep on my lap and we were all set to go with the doors closing. Then we heard over the intercom "The Lobdell family must get off now". We didn't know what was going on. We asked what the problem was and they wouldn't give us an answer. The guy said again, "The Lobdell family must get off now!!" My kids started getting scared and crying. They barely gave us enough time to grab our paks. Now I don't get upset at people all that often or let my emotion show but when they did that I lost most of my control. My husband was visibly upset and I demanded to know why we were kicked off teh plane. The lady that let us on told us that the party she gave us the seats for showed up at the last minute and then left!!! Keith went to talk to the supervisor who was in the next booth over. He was able to get us actual tickets and not standby's for the next flight. I got on the phone and started yelling at the travelocity agent. Malynda told me after, "Mom I never saw you like that before!" Her eyes were really big. Don't worry I didn't swear but came really really close. I wanted a refund on my tickets becuase of my children being scared and crying, for being humliated and being kicked off the plane. They couldn't or wouldn't give me a discount bc they were only a travel agency and not responsible for the actions of the airlines. I told them bull crap. I demanded something to be done so they gave me 2 free nights at any hotel.

Well Long story almost short, we made it into slc at 7:00 pm (6 1/2 hours late!!!) and Jamie and Kenz met us at the airport while we got our rental car. Jamie let us borrow her carseat. We went to her house and had dinner and saw most everyone. It was worth making the trip but no more O'hare airport and no more travelocity.

2 comments:

Marianne Martin said...

Crap, what a nightmare! I'm really proud of you for not swearing though. I don't think I could do that. Well, I'll never use Travelocity I guess. Glad you finally made it safe though.

Unknown said...

Hello from Travelocity. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with us. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss, feel free to email me at joel.frey@travelocity.com.