Wednesday, September 3, 2008

RePost: 10 year's Now!!!





This is a little bit late, but hey that's o.k. I guess. Keith and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary. We met at UVSC Aug of 1998. We met again in Sept. My friend Allison had to convince me to go out with him becuase I was a little nervous. THanks Allison. We got engaged Oct. 23, 1998 after the BYU homecoming dance. We got married on Aug. 8, 1998 at the Provo Temple. His mother and step father are the only members of the church in his family but his dad and fiance came out for the wedding and helped with all the kiddos. My Uncle Paul and Aunt Bobbie, my mom, my brother spencer and his wife, Keith's mom, the sister missionary that taught them the discussions and her father were in the temple with us. My sister's gave me a really fun last night. We went to a movie and out to a very late dinner. I stayed over at my sister Laurie's apartment since it was next to the hair dressers. I got really sick and didn't know what I was doing. My mom, an excellent nurse, gave me some medicine and made sure that I ate something. We got to the temple an hour late. My mom told me that Keith was pacing back and forth with my brother trying to comfort him. He asked me were we went and I told him we went out to breakfast (we went back to Laurie's house.) My explained what was going on and Keith and Spencer gave me a wonderful blessing. I didn't get sick again for another couple of months. My mom fixed the skirt on my wedding dress and helped me find matching bridesmaid dresses. My dad fixed a wonderful spread of food at the reception. My siblings helped Keith make our announcements.
Some of our greatest blessings besides getting married for time and eternity are our three children. Malynda Sue came in 2000. She shares her birthday with her Aunt Jamie, as well as other family members. She is going to start 3rd grade this year. Lawrence Blake came in 2002. He shares his birthday with an older cousin on his dad's side. THey are named after the same man Keeton Blake, Blake's great- grandfather. He is starting 1st grade and just discovered he has his first loose tooth. He said taht is his greatest thing with his body.
Ella Marie came in 2006. She was our biggest, quickest, and funny baby. She tries very hard to keep up with her big brother and sister. She now weighs 35 lbs and is 38" long.
I am so greatful for my husband. He is a wonderful husband and father. I couldn't ask for more. When they say you try and find someone who is like your father, it is true.
I love you Keith!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Congrats on ten years. It is amazing how the time flies. I sure am glad that I talked you into going out with him.