Monday, May 5, 2008

Relief Society Celebration

On Saturday I went with my mother-in-law and some other ladies in our branch to the RS celebration in Vermont. It was raining but it was a nice drive (mainly becuase I didn't have to drive). We had nice conversations but ended up at the wrong church. It is different out here when you go to the wrong church becuase instead of going to the next block or down the street, you have to go about 30 minutes to an hour. We made it to the church right after the prayer. THe meeting was so uplifting. The different branches and wards (located in Maine, VT, and NY) sang hymns to different melodies. At the end everyone sang The SPirit of God to the music of Sisters in zion. It was one of the most amazing experiences ever.
At church on Sunday, Blake gave his testimony for the first time. I asked Malynda if she wanted to go up but she wanted to wait until she was 8 (June 4), but Blake said yes. He wanted to know what he should say and I told him that he should say what he liked about church. He said his after I bore mine. He looked at me with his mouth open, very nervous. I helped him start and then told him to say what he liked about church. He talked about primary and playing with his friends there. It was really nice. I am very proud of him for getting up. Keith gave a really nice testimony about Baptism and Malynda making the decision to get baptized.

1 comment:

Nat said...

It is so sweet when little kids get up to bear their testimony. I don't see it happen as often as when we were little! You should be so proud!!! Your kids are getting big! Their pics are darling! Oh, and I didn't write that poem! But I am a freak with quotes and poems!... Love em'! :)