Monday, March 17, 2008

Rude Awakening

Blake didn't feel very well this past weekend. He had a small temprature and a belly ache so we kept him home from church. He felt better this morning except his belly hurt a little bit so I had him get dressed for school. While I was downstairs helping Malynda get ready blake started screaming "My Bumb hurts!! My Bumb hurts!!" I went up stairs to check on him and I asked him if it hurt inside his bumb or on the outside. (I know I am being graphic). He said that it hurt like a needle hitting it. I checked him out and saw a bee sting. I told him to take off his pants and sure enough he had 3 stings right on the back of his upper thigh. I shook his pants and the bee fell out. I killed the bee and tried to comfort him. I told him I had to put some mud on it but he didn't want to wear Mud to school. So I remembered the penny trick. If you put a penny on a bee sting it will take away the pain. So I held the penny on each mark and he felt a little better. He was still wimpering and so I told him that he should tell his teacher that a bee bit his bumb 3 times. He started laughing and forgot about his belly hurting. He ran down stairs and told Keith and Keith started laughing as well.

No comments: